Some areas of special interest and activity
In the personal, professional, cultural and ecclesial journey of Maite Uribe, there is a constant application of the knowledge of Medicine, Psychotherapy, other humanistic fields and Spirituality to the integral development of the individual person and of the human groups, integrating with these elements the development of the spiritual dimension of people and groups. The humanistic vision of Saint Pedro Poveda has inspired in depth this field of interest.
Based on a wide intercultural experience, enriched by her participation in seminars and workshops in this field, particularly in the USA, India, the Philippines, Jerusalem, Argentina, and Uruguay, intercultural perspectives and methodologies are integrated into her interest in educational issues, formative and religious experience.
Her concern for experience and communication of spiritual and religious values in people of very diverse cultures led her to an interest in uniting the knowledge of Teresa of Jesus, of Saint Pedro Poveda, and mystics from various religions to shed light on the problems that in a globalized and progressively materialistic world affect every day young people and young adults in their experience of the faith.
It is a special field of interest the importance of anthropological and theological issues in the dialogue of faith with the cultures and human situations of our time. From the holistic understanding of human development, Maite Uribe is interested in reflecting on the spaces and paths in which to establish important bridges of dialogue: between the individual person and his/her context and faith, among cultural realities, and between generations.
- Medical Degree from the University of Valencia (1979).
- Clinical specialist in psychotherapy, Pontifical Comillas University, Madrid (1996).
- School of Theology for the Laity (Valencia 1974- 1978)
- Course on Pastoral Ministry at Juan XIII Pastoral Institute (Madrid 1979-1980)
- Course on Inculturation of the Faith in Asia. East Asian Pastoral Institute, EAPI (Manila 1981)
- Study of Spirituality through diverse fields and studies. Intensive theoretical-practical preparation in the field of spiritual direction and companionship, Internship in Spiritual Direction, Jesuit Renewal Center, JRC (Milford, Ohio, USA, 1986). The program integrates theological, anthropological and social dimensions and the process of growth in faith and discernment.
- Fluency and knowledge of the English language and working knowledge of Italian and French
- Director of the University Residence of the Teresian Association in Manila (Philippines), promoted by ITEC Corporation (1982-1985) in which she previously carried out tasks as member of the management team of the same (1980-1982).
- Member of training teams of members of the Teresian Association in the Philippines.
- Director of Centro Internazionale di Ricerca e Sperimentazione (CIRES, Poggio Mirteto, Italy) of the Teresian Association for international training purposes (1988-1994). Previously, from 1986 to 1988, she was part of its management team.
- Director of Poveda University Residence, Oviedo (Spain) from 1994 to 1996. As Director of this Center, she was part of the network of University Residences promoted by the Teresian Association in Spain, Italy, and Germany.
- Member of the international Formation Team of the Teresian Association. Her main assignment was the development of the content and formation processes from a psycho-spiritual perspective, using the contributions of Carl Jung and other authors
- From 1996 to 2000, as Delegate of the President, she was responsible for following up and promoting the projects and activities of the Teresian Association, as well as for accompanying people and teams in India, Israel, Palestine and Jordan.
- Director of the General Department of Formation of the Teresian Association, from 2000 to 2006.
- From 2006 to 2012 she was a member of the Governing Council of the Teresian Association, with special emphasis on government issues of the Association in countries of America and Asia and held ongoing contacts with the ecclesial and cultural realities of many countries.
- Elected President of the Teresian Association on August 13, 2012.